Title : Business Intelligence Analyst (16 months)
At MHIRJ, our employees work together to move the world forward - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
From day one, you will work to enable insights and intelligent decision-making across functions and contribute to the delivery of real projects using the latest technology to solve business problems. Over the course of your internship, you will receive one-on-one training and coaching from a team of talented experts and take on increasingly, while learning in a challenging and rewarding environment.
The Market & Business Intelligence team main objective rests with leveraging data and analytical techniques to be able to guide business decisions with primary focus on the health of the company’s P&L. The Business Intelligence Analysts are the direct source for providing insight to help enhance the fidelity of commercial decision making for the CRJ Aftermarket and help digitize that effort by developing Online tools & dashboards to deliver recommendations.
The activities may include and are not limited to:
• Work with large and complex data sets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems using a combination of statistical and machine learning approaches.
• Develop quality control and pre-processing tools for a variety of data streams.
• Communicate highly technical results and methods clearly
• Staying informed about developments in Aerospace & Data Science and adjacent fields to ensure that modern yet optimal approaches are applied to the relevant problems.
• Centralized Sales Tool Data Warehouse Database conceptual and logical design.
• Centralized Sales Tool Data Warehouse Database physical design and implementation
• Integration of sales tool web application & testing
• Deployment on cloud based infrastructure
• Automation of current data refresh and gathering processes
• Development of documentation and testing protocols.
Some other useful skills include effective use of Microsoft Office, familiarity with agile development and Git, and a strong math/statistics background. Any interest in machine learning is also seen as a plus. Candidate is expected to be comfortable presenting in front of stakeholders, pick up new concepts quickly and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
Template Version: March, 2019
As our ideal candidate, you
• You are currently completing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science in a recognized University
• You have completed a minimum of 3 year of studies in this program
• High organizational skills and a team player able to work with variable departments.
• You have a good level of written and speaking English
• You have strong communication skills
• Demonstrated skills in data visualization techniques.
• Demonstrated experience in extracting actionable insight from quantitative data.
• General programming proficiency, with an emphasis on Python/R/ HTML/ CSS and SQL.
• General knowledge of software development frameworks, and how they interact across the stack
• Comfort with command-line interfaces, as well as working familiarity with cloud computing resources.
• The internship starts on May 3rd, 2021 for 16-month terms.
• Located at (Toronto), Ontario
MHIRJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.