System Engineering Intern
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians.
By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.
Standard Job Description
Lockheed Martin Canada is Canada's most successful Combat System Integrator specializing in large sophisticated integration projects. We take advantage of advanced engineering practices and modern technologies to design, develop and integrate combat systems for naval warships. We are seeking motivated and high performing people with specific skills to become part of our dynamic Naval Programs team.
The Naval Programs team is responsible for technical planning, design, construction, system integration,
verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems. Involvement as part of the total system product development includes:
The team ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
The team performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Job Description
The candidate will participate as a Systems Engineering member of the Naval Development team in a multidisciplined team environment working on the total engineering life cycle from specification, design
development, integration and test, deployment, maintenance and field trouble shooting for large scale
high complexity naval platform systems.
The candidate will participate in engineering activities including but not limited to:
· Collaborating on system design activities with senior systems engineering and other engineering staff, including supporting technical reviews
· Performing requirements analysis
· Performing trade studies
· Reviewing requirements, requirements allocation and trade studies
· Performing system modelling and design, including Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
· Defining and tracking of Technical Performance Metrics (TPMs)
· System architecture and design
· System integration planning
· Design documentation
· Following systems engineering processes and best practices.
Required Skills, qualification and Experience
· Pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
Desired Skills, qualification and Experience
· Communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
· Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
· Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
· Have a high learning ability
· Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment.
· Familiar with the engineering lifecycle
Why join Lockheed Martin Canada?
· The opportunity to be part with an experimented team where you won’t do it all alone, and you’ll be able to count on the support of your team to help you do your best work.
· The opportunity to learn new skills and grow your expertise while being constantly challenged in a fast-paced work environment.